Welcome to The Vintage Car!

We have discussions on Tools,
Garages, Cars and Vintage Paxton's So how are we going to - The Vintage Car - The Vintage Car
Welcome to The Vintage Car - The Hot Rod, RatRod, Muscle Car, Street Rod & Classic Car Information Portal
tvcHeader1tvcHeader2tvcHeader3tvcHeader4tvcHeader5header6tvcHeader7
Username Post: So how are we going to        (Topic#78)
Thorkle Rod 
goober
Thorkle Rod
Loc: Arlington, TexASS
Registered on 07-27-09
07-30-09 08:28 PM - Post#116    

get more memebers?

Todd Wallace 
Administrator
Todd Wallace
Loc: Colleyville
Registered on 02-10-09
07-30-09 08:44 PM - Post#118    

In response to Thorkle Rod

Working on that..and..adding more content. They are coming slowly..only a few today.

I have emailed a ton of people on different sites such as mustang, camaro, gto, etc.

The HAMB removed my post about my site and that slowed things up a bit. They get a lot of traffic.

Any ideas?? I still believe this is a great concept.

deadbodyman 
deadbodyman
Loc: augusta,Ga.
Registered on 07-28-09
07-30-09 09:13 PM - Post#120    

In response to Todd Wallace

is there a joke section? What I'm going to do is make how to referances to this site,for instance if some one asks how to replace a 1/4 panel at another site I can refer them to www.thevintagecar.com so if any body here wants to know how to do something just ask me and we can build a knowlage base same with you guys like thorkels frame work for instance plus I've made a lot of friends over at a few other sites and I'm letting them know....but us hotrodders love building stuff this is no differnt so it'll take care of itself it just needs a little exposure and time
learn from your misstakes,misteaks *##*!!! screwups

Todd Wallace 
Administrator
Todd Wallace
Loc: Colleyville
Registered on 02-10-09
07-30-09 11:19 PM - Post#124    

In response to deadbodyman

I'll add a joke section...

I appreciate the help! I truly believe this is a good themed.. Most of the other sites are dedicated to some type of car and my goal is to bring us all together to talk about how to do things. Hanging a quarter panel is not to different across different cars.. Just the seams are different..

rmousir 
rmousir
Registered on 09-11-09
09-14-09 08:29 AM - Post#294    

In response to Todd Wallace

the best thing you can do is build a good site and use word of mouth or in this case word of search. Make sure your tags cover everything and anything that should be included in any search.

Then I would make sure you have great solid content. Your DIY concept is great. Having a good archive of good DIY projects that is easily search-able and provided good content in each project will bring the folks here.

Stay the course.
rmousir
1966 Mustang
Check out my site: Budget Restomod

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options
Print Topic

FusionBB™ Version 3.0 RC2 | ©2003-2010 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.075 seconds.   Total Queries: 31   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0600) Central. Current time is 01:33 PM